I know what you’re thinking. Who in their right mind would walk around with Terminator aka Star Trek glasses glued to their face…all in the name of technology? I have to admit, I used to be one of you. But after trying out the Vuzix 310XL…my mind has been changed forever. Call me a nerd if you want, but while you are squinting on that time little iPhone/iPod screen, I am watching the same film on the big screen.
Styling, performance and versatility all in a 16:9 widescreen format. The Vuzix Wrap 310XL video eyewear is a new class of video eyewear offering designer styling with unmatched features and performance.
Styling Like Never Before
Stylish eyewear, at home beside the pool or at 35,000 feet, the Wrap 310XL sunglass-style widescreen eyewear allows you to watch your favorite movies and videos without attracting stares. And, if you are looking to be even more stylish the Wrap lens can be replaced with alternate colors to suit your mood of style.
The virtual 55 inch* Wrap 310XL screen offers unmatched performance. It displays both standard 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratios and plays standard 2D and side-by-side format 3D movies. A Vuzix Auto 3D feature automatically enables the 3D viewing configuration when supporting media is played.
* Equivalent screen size as seen from 10 feet (approximately 3m).
Includes Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad compatible cable.*
Fresh out of the box, these glasses are a bit overwhelming. With multiple wires and connectors, it takes a minute to get the right ones hooked up to the right things. But, just like any brand new toy, the Vuzix 310XL were worth the wait. After the earphones were hooked up and the nose bridge configured, the glasses were on my face and I was watching a few episodes of Lost in no time. The viewing experience was more like a big screen t.v. than a movie screen, but that’s really tit for tat. Bottom line - it wasn’t nearly as difficult as watching it on a 4 inch screen - something that will come in handy while traveling or relaxing in bed. I will say that the glasses are a tad bit heavy for viewing sitting up, so I recommend laying down or at least leaning back while viewing; very similar to what is shown on the website.
The only downside to the Vuzix 310XL is that while using it with the iPhone/iPod/iPad, the only supported videos are from YouTube or videos purchased from the Apple store. I would love to see an integration with the newest feature; live streaming of your NetFlix queue.
* Supports 4:3 and 16:9 display formats
* Adjustable brightness, contrast and color saturation
* Works with 2D and common 3D video formats including side-by-side and anaglyph
* Supports “Vuzix Auto-3D”, automatic 3D detection technology
* NTSC and PAL compatible
* Connects to all video devices with composite video
* Six hours use with 2 AA alkaline batteries
* Video zoom mode
* Onscreen display for video display adjustment
* Includes Wrap mini-port connector for optional expansion accessories
* Ultra-thin cabling
* Detachable premium quality noise-isolating earphones
* Includes 3 sizes of noise isolation inserts
* Wearable over most prescription eyeglasses
* Independent left and right eye focal adjustment
* Nine foot visual focus – reading glasses not required
* Adjustable, hypoallergenic nosepiece
* Changeable lens
Do you want to win a pair of Vuzix 310XL for yourself [a $250 value!]?
Here’s How to Enter: (this entry is mandatory)
- Leave a comment below letting us know what device you will be using the Vuzix 310XL with!
Additional Entries [leave a separate comment for each one]
- Comment on another non-giveaway post [comment below w/post name]
- Subscribe to this site via RSS.
- Friend us on Google Connect [see sidebar]
- Follow us on Twitter! @nerdlikes!
- Tweet about this giveaway (daily entry, can use the following [ Win a pair of Vuzix from NerdLike! http://nerdlike.com/ooxam]
- Digg or Stumble this giveaway [leave your username in the comment]
- Like us on Facebook [see the sidebar]
The giveaway runs until September 10, 2010. Good Luck!